Cedar Fair is an entertainment company that owns and operates amusement parks. The company is based in Sandusky, Ohio at Cedar Point, Their largest theme park. Cedar Fair owns and operates 12 theme parks: Eleven in the United States, and one in Canada.
The name comes from a combination of two words from their first two parks' names (Cedar Point and Valleyfair).
Cedar Fair was formed in 1983 as an operating partnership between Cedar Point and the then one-year-old Valleyfair.
In 2006, Cedar Fair Purchased all Paramount parks after Paramount's retirement from the amusement park industry, which also meant changing all the names from popular Paramount Studios franchises to all their rides.
Current Theme Parks (12)
- California's Great America — Santa Clara, California
- Canada's Wonderland — Vaughan, Canada
- Carowinds — Charlotte, North Carolina/Fort Mill, South Carolina
- Cedar Point — Sandusky, Ohio
- Dorney Park — Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Gilroy Gardens — Gilroy, California
- Kings Dominion — Doswell, Virginia
- Kings Island — Mason, Ohio
- Knott's Berry Farm — Buena Park, California
- Michigan's Adventure — Muskegon, Michigan
- Valleyfair — Shakopee, Minnesota
- Worlds of Fun — Kansas City, Missouri